10 Essential Technology & Study Skills Necessary for Students to Succeed in the Online Classroom
From Adam Voyton
In this presentation, you will learn 10 skills that will help you to succeed in a fully online class.
Even though you’ll be separated by physical location, you will still be able to engage with your teacher and other students in the same Canvas course and Zoom.
mastering these skills, you'll become more successful in the online classroom. Topics covered include:
1. Best practices to increase your Internet connection speed
2. What kind of computer is recommended and how to get technical support
3. How to use Zoom to collaborate in real-time with other students and your teacher
4. Tips to construct a well-designed PowerPoint Presentation and record it using Kaltura
5. Using Canvas to submit an assignment and where to learn about other commonly used course technologies
6. How to initiate virtual group work
7. Taking time to stay in touch with your instructors
8. How to feel more confident and engaged in your online class
9. How to alleviate some of the stress you may feel towards online learning
10. Time-management techniques and signing up for text message reminders on upcoming assignments that are due